Thanks for checking out my new blog! I’ve been working so hard on it and I am thankful there’s a learning curve to all of this. Since I’m semi-new to blogging, I thought I’d start out by sharing 10 facts about me so you can get to know me a little better!
1. When I graduated high school, I wanted to be a nutritionist for kids with special needs/dietary restrictions. I went to college for a year, dropped out, went back a year later for a semester and then dropped out again (yikes). I only decided about a year ago that I wanted to be a paralegal! I’ve always been fascinated with the law but knew being a lawyer wouldn’t be for me, but being a paralegal fits perfectly!
2. I met my husband on a random Sunday at a church I had only just started going to. The minute I saw him, I felt something different, but it wasn’t until months later that we actually got to know each other at a youth camp we were both volunteering for. We went on our first “date” the night we got back from camp and the rest is crazy, messy, redemption-filled history.
3. I tell people my favorite color is yellow, but I genuinely think it’s actually gold glitter. I’m obsessed. It’s out of control.
4. Apparently I have my dad’s “fake ass smile”, according to my husband. Please reference the picture above…haha!
5. I’m notorious for getting so obsessed with a book once I start reading it, that I finish it within 24 hours, no matter what it takes. I have to pace myself and only start a new book every couple of weeks.
6. I’ve been a nanny for the last 6ish years and absolutely love it. I’m still extremely close to the first family I ever worked for. I have such a special bond with them and it’s a huge blessing. I plan on writing a lot about my experiences being a nanny.
7. We are currently saving to purchase our first house! This is super exciting for us because we’ve had terrible luck renting. I’m also pretty stoked to get to decorate any way I want!
8. I consider myself an introvert, although I’ve been expanding my horizons a bit and have been better with being so busy! Still, I definitely crave my alone time and nights in. Netflix is my favorite indulgence.
9. We have 2 cats and a dog. I brought one cat into our marriage, and the other two animals were completely my idea. I forced my husband into getting them. Now they’re “his”, of course.
10. My favorite food is cereal. I can have it literally any time of day, for any meal, every single day. I have no shame.